Your privacy is important to us. LitSupport respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
This policy does not apply to our personnel and job applicants. Please contact human resources for privacy details applicable in that case.
What types of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect include name, contact details, your organisation and job title, preferences and products or services of interest. We do not collect sensitive information.
We may be unable to provide our services to you if you do not provide some personal information. For example, without name, contact and organisation details it may be impractical for us to provide services to you or your organisation.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We may collect your personal information:
- Through our website (including through the user registration process);
- From orders you place with us through our online ordering system (JOTA);
- If your organisation provides it to us; and
- Otherwise in the course of providing or promoting our services.
- Personal information contained within material provided to us for the purpose of providing our services (e.g. documents for photocopying or printing) is not collected or used by us other than to provide the services.
We hold most personal information electronically (and to a lesser extent in hard copy form), primarily at our own premises (but also at the premises of a limited number of business partners)
What do we do with personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose the personal information we hold to:
- Assist in providing our services to you or your organisation, or responding to your queries;
- Tailor and improve our services to you or your organisation;
- Improve your experience at our website (including by showing you content that is relevant or that we think might be of interest to you);
- Undertake our internal administrative, marketing and planning requirements;
- Inform you of new products and services;
- Potentially, protect our legal interests or in connection with a sale of our business or company; and
- Any other purpose advised to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
- We do not sell personal information about you to anybody. We do not disclose personal information about you to any person except where required by law or on a confidential basis to business partners that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as the provision of our Services.
Collection of your personal information through the website user registration process enables us to provide access to secured parts of our website, and to provide you with information and a service that you have told us that you’re interested in, or that is relevant to you. We do not track or report on your user activity when you are not on the LitSupport website, nor pass user data to other websites. We may use user data to measure site activity to help determine the features that are important and relevant to our users in order to develop new and improved services in the future.
Opt out of emails and newsletters
At any time you may opt out of receiving emails, newsletters or other communications from us (other than as practically necessary for the operation of our business, e.g. communication regarding payment of our invoices).
Data quality and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, completeness and currency of the personal information we hold and to protect its security.
All information held electronically is protected by passwords and other security measures. All paper-based records are stored in secure office or storage areas. We ensure appropriate disposal of personal information that is no longer required.
In limited instances we may send personal information outside Australia including:
- When you have asked us to do so;
- When we are authorised or required by law to do so;
- When we have outsourced a business activity or function to an overseas service provider with whom we have a contractual arrangement;
- Certain electronic transactions; or
- When it is necessary in order to facilitate a transaction on your behalf.
Access and correction
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by writing to our Privacy Officer at the address below. If we hold personal information that you are entitled to access, then within a reasonable period after your request we will provide you with access. If we refuse your request then we will give you a written statement setting out the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to give them), and the process we provide if you wish to complain about the refusal.
We will provide access in the manner you request if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. If it is not reasonable and practicable to provide access in that manner then we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
In some cases, such as access to information held in archives, we may charge you a fee to cover the associated cost of retrieval and supplying of the information.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, then you may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and respond to you within a reasonable period after your request. If we do not agree that it should be amended, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it and will also give you a written statement setting out the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to give them), and the process we provide if you wish to complain about the refusal.
Any questions about this policy, or complaint regarding our treatment of your privacy, should also be made in writing to the address below.
If you make a complaint, then we will give you the name of the person who is handling it and let you know when you can expect a full response.
Our contact details for privacy matters are:
1300 LIT SUP (548 787)
The Privacy Officer
Level 2, 1 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Notification of changes
Nature of policy
This policy represents our policy as at the date indicated above. We may change this policy from time to time. Also, although we intend to observe this policy, from time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. We may do so, subject only to any contractual or statutory obligations applicable to us.
In this Policy, unless the context requires otherwise:
LitSupport means LitSupport Pty Ltd (ABN 29 084 736 069).
Order means any phone email, fax, letter or electronic request sent to us by you for our Services.
Record means any items provided by you to us for the proses of Services to you.
Services means the services requested by you or us when you submit and Order, such as the collection, scanning, digitising, copying and delivery of your documents and any addition services you may request us to provide from time to time where we agree to provide such additional services.
we or us or our means LitSupport.
you or your means the customer, person, entity, partnership or any other person who submits an Order for our Services and includes your employees, contractors agents or anyone else acting in your behalf.